In May 2006, a Nashville T.V. station aired an investigative report showing that many McDonald's outlets nationwide had hired dozens of sex offenders, some of them actual child molestors. The concern was the possibility that they might have unsupervised contact with kids, particularly at outlets equipped with PlayLands. Shortly thereafter, McDonald's announced that they would stop hiring sex offenders at outlets directly controlled by the company, and encourage franchisees to follow suit.
Apparently McDonald's has no compunction about promoting homosexuality, though. The American Family Association has just issued an alert about the development of a formal full-blown relationship between McDonald's and the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. Here's the text of their alert:
McDonald's CEO: Company will put full resources behind gay agenda
Send an e-mail to McDonald's.
McDonald's has signed on to a nationwide effort to promote "gay" and "lesbian" business ventures. According to McDonald's CEO Jim Skinner, McDonald's will aggressively promote the homosexual agenda. In remarks on McDonald's website concerning the company becoming a member of the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), Skinner wrote: "Being a socially responsible organization is a fundamental part of who we are. We have an obligation to use our size and resources to make a difference in the world...and we do".
The company gave an undisclosed amount of money to the NGLCC in return for being recognized as a major promoter of the homosexual agenda. In return, NGLCC placed Richard Ellis, vice president of communications of McDonalds USA, on the NGLCC Board of Directors.
Ellis was quoted as saying: "I'm thrilled to join the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce team and ready to get to work. I share the NGLCC's passion for business growth and development within the LGBT community, and I look forward to playing a role in moving these important initiatives forward".
McDonald's refused to comment to World Net Daily on the placement of its executive on the board of the "gay" advocacy organization but did send an e-mail confirming the corporation's support for the agenda of the homosexual business lobby.
"McDonald's is indeed a Corporate Partner and Organizational Ally of NGLCC. Our vice president of U.S. communications, Richard Ellis, was recently elected to its board of directors," said Heidi M. Barker, senior director of media relations for McDonald’s. NGLCC describes itself as promoting the LGBT community first and always, including same sex marriage.
NGLCC gives credit to sponsors such as McDonald's for its financial and other support that helps in its work. "Through the commitment of our corporate partners, the NGLCC has been able to advance the ideas and causes of the LGBT business community," the Chamber said.
Very important! Call your local McDonald's and ask why McDonald's is using its size and resources to promote the homosexual agenda. You can find your nearest McDonald's outlet HERE.
Send an e-mail to McDonald's, using the highlighted link below.
Forward this e-mail to family and friends.
Send Your Letter Now!
Since McDonald's responded to public outcry over their previous hiring of sex offenders, they will undoubtedly respond to a similar outcry over this active relationship with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. AFA is NOT asking McDonald's to stop hiring gays or take any action against gay employees - they're simply asking McDonald's not to affirmatively promote the gay agenda through this partnership.
The Human Rights Campaign, a notorious pro-gay organization, has rated McDonald's an 85 on their Corporate Equality Index (CEI). A score of 100 is a perfect score. Here is their criteria for the CEI:
2008 CORPORATE EQUALITY INDEX RATINGS AND BREAKDOWN
- Criterion 1a Prohibits Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation (15 points)
- Criterion 1b Provides Diversity Training Covering Sexual Orientation (5 points)
- Criterion 2a Prohibits Discrimination Based on Gender Identity and/or Expression (15 points)
- Criterion 2b Provides Diversity Training Covering Gender Identity OR Has Supportive Gender Transition Guidelines (5 points)
- Criterion 2c Offers at Least One Transgender Wellness Benefit (5 points)
- Criterion 3a Offers Domestic Partner Health Insurance (15 points)
- Criterion 3b Offers Domestic Partners Dental, Vision, COBRA and Dependent Coverage Benefits (5 points)
- Criterion 3c Offers at Least Three Other ‘Soft’ Benefits for Domestic Partners (5 points)
- Criterion 4 Has Employer-Supported Employee Resource Group OR Firm-Wide Diversity Council (15 points)
- Criterion 5 Engages in Appropriate and Respectful Advertising, Marketing or Philanthropy (15 points)
- Criterion 6 Exhibits Responsible Behavior Toward the GLBT Community; Does Not Engage in Action That Would Undermine GLBT Equality. Employers Found Engaging in Such Activities Will Have 15 Points Removed From Their Scores. (—)
This goes far beyond mere "tolerance". This is outright affirmation and celebration. Note the demand for "diversity training" and "diversity councils". All reminiscent of the political officers and the apparatchik of the old Soviet Union.